My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

CHICKEN........

I am so so so excited!  Sebastian ate chicken for dinner last night.   This is so huge.  We have had feeding issues with both Sebastian and Gabe.  They both did really well as newborns, nursing and then switching to the bottle.  When it came to switching from formula to whole mile, Gabe would no longer drink any milk.  Sebastian on the other hand loves a bottle of milk.  Gabe did really well on baby food, in fact he was still eating baby food (stage 3) when he was 2 years old.  We couldn't get him to eat anything else except for Cheez-its.  He slowly progressed to peanut butter sandwiches and any other kind of cracker but would not eat any meals.  Sebastian never really took to baby food too much.  Sure he ate his baby cereal when first introduced but then once he had fruit baby food that was the only thing he would eat.  Soon, he gave that up and would only go for the bottle of milk.  One day I had to force Gabe to eat a chicken nugget, the first bite was a bit rough but he eventually got it and now he eats popcorn chicken every night for dinner.  We can't seem to get him to eat anything else for dinner without the gag reflexes going.  Now for Sebastian, *sigh* his diet consisted of milk and cookies, he loves cookies (oreo style).  Well about 4 months ago I was able to get him to eat a bite of a PB&J.  I had to make a big "song & dance" out of this so he would continue to eat.  I had to keep placing each bite on top of his stacking cups in order for him to show any interest.  This was a challenge for quite a while and then before we knew it he was eating a PB&J for both lunch and dinner everyday.   He did try french toast a few times and was successfully eating that for breakfast but then gave that up.   Well last night I decided it was time to try the chicken.  Well sure enough, it was deja vu!  I went thru the exact same thing that I had to with Gabe.  I had to force the popcorn chicken in his mouth and hold my hand over his mouth so he couldn't spit it out.  He ate the chicken and then 5 more pieces willingly after that.  Keeping my fingers crossed that he will continue to eat the chicken and eventually try other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment