My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And 23 inches are gone.....

After growing his hair out for about 12 years, my husband cut it all off.  Vinnie's hair was all the way down to his waist.  He has beautiful hair, thick, shiny, healthy long hair.  He use to wear it back in a ponytail everyday.  One day about 5 years ago I asked him if he ever thought about braiding his hair.  Well, since then I have braided his hair nearly EVERYDAY for the past five years.  Yesterday he decided it was time to cut it.  It can be so hectic in this house with our growing family to get everyone ready and out the door he thought this would help.  He called the lady that does my hair (a client of his) and she said that she didn't want to cut his hair, she would be too nervous.  So another lady that works in the same salon cut it for him.  He was ready to get it cut, I on the other hand was excited yet very nervous! 

She wasn't able just to cut his braid off in one swoop, she really had to work at it from all sides because his hair is so thick!  Once she cut it off, she handed it to Vinnie and it made him sick, almost like he just lost a limb or something.  So I took it and I got all teary eyed.  His braid was gone!  We will be donating it to Locks of Love.

I LOVE IT!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a transformation!!!!! I cut my waist long hair off on our honeymoon and brought home a long braid for locks of love. Nadya has been growing her hair out and she has the ten inches, but she wants to wait a few more months so her hair will be about to her shoulders when she finally cuts it! It looks great! I LOVED having my short hair after I did it.I am sure Vinnie will too. I never realized just how much work my long, thick hair was. (although I have days I miss it) I'll have to see if I still have pics of my braid. I definitely have a before and after pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that Vinnie is going to donate his hair to locks of love! His new hair cute looks great on him too!

    ReplyDelete