My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mama!!

I am so so so excited!!  Sebastian has finally started to call me Mama!  What a great feeling.  It feels like I have waited for this for so long.  The other night he walked up to me pouting "mama, mama", I was in shock but I didn't really think too much of it because I thought maybe he was just babbling.  Well sure enough the next day he said it again.  This is so awesome!  He has been saying "Da" for a while now so I was feeling just a bit left out...not anymore though!  His speech is finally coming.  I can tell that he is really wanting to learn, he does little things like picking up toys and putting them next to our face so that we say what it is, he does this with letters too.  If he holds up a letter (magnet from fridge, puzzle piece, foam letters from bathtub) to our face and we say the wrong letter, he looks at the letter and then looks at us again to let us know that we have said the wrong letter.  He will sing along with the Alphabet on Sesame Street.  He also has a little magnadoodle that he loves for us to write letters or numbers on.  We write one at a time and he will say it if he knows what it is.  His favorite number is "12"  he says "welve".  So cute!  He also really likes the numbers, 1, 2 (oo), 4, 5 (ife), 7, 8, 9.  If we write the number 7, he will automatically say "8, 9".  I can't wait to hear Sebastian and Gabe talking to each other....one day, one day, one day it will happen!

1 comment: