My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An oldie but a goodie....

font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;">A friend of mine was posting "Funny Tidbits" about her kids and things that they say.  Well that got me thinking about funny things that my kids have said or done and there is one that always comes back to me and makes me laugh, so I thought I would share. When Austin was in the 2nd grade his teacher changed the seating chart and sat him next to this girl named Theresa.  He was really upset about it because the kids in his class were teasing him, they were saying that Theresa was his girlfriend.  He came home from school and told me how much this bothered him.  I tried to make him feel better and told him it wasn't a big deal and that just becuase he sat next to somebody that didn't mean that was his girlfriend.  I gave him an example and said "well, if Brian was sitting next to you, would that mean that he was your boyfriend?".  He looked at me and his eyes got real wide and he said      "I'M NOT A LESBIAN!!"  Oh my goodness, I thought I was going to die laughing!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I was just browsing other Alaska blogs...your kids are cute!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait! Alex will quite often do something and then look right at me and say, "Don't put that on your blog!" I am sure you'll be hearing that soon from Austin! he he.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all laughing in office about that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite thing that I heard Austin say (well actually sing) was when he was about 3 (?), I remember him singing "it's getting hot in here so take off all your clothes" SOOOOO FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete