My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Beautiful Step Daughter

This is my step daughter, Andrea.  She flew from Phoenix to SLC to visit us.  It has been about 7 years since Vinnie last saw her.  I have been chatting with her on Facebook quite a bit and have gotten to know her a little.  I mentioned that we were going to Utah for the tattoo convention and she had commented that it would be nice to see us while we were down in the lower 48.  I commented back to her and before we knew it, I was booking a flight for her to come to SLC.  She flew in Tuesday night Feb 9th and left Thursday morning the 11th. I thought her flight came tuesday night at 9:00 pm, well about 7:00 Vinnie asked me to check Andrea's flight information.  I opened up my email and her flight info said the arrival time was 7:05.  YIKES!!!  How did I mess that up??  Vinnie and I ran out the door and raced to the airport.  I was stressing out the entire drive there, I can't believe that I did that.  Fortunately we were able to page her thru the airport and tell her that we were just a few minutes away.  She was fine and wasn't worrying at all.  Phewww, what a relief!  We got back home, Gabe & Sebastian seemed very interested in their big sister.  They didn't need any time to warm up to her.  We had a great time while she was here.  Austin was super excited to have a big sister.  Andrea enjoyed meeting her new little siblings.  Vinnie was so excited to see his daughter again after so many years. 


2 comments:

  1. She is BEAUTIFUL! I love her eyes! I am glad that the boys took right to her, which means she must have a very kind soul. You are lucky Steph, two girls and 3 boys, what a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful stepdaughter. It's so great to read blogs where steps get along well. I hope you get to see Andrea more often.

    ReplyDelete