My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Date with Gabe...

Gabe and I went on a Mommy/Son date yesterday and had a blast!  I had a babysitter come over while Sebastian and Abby were napping and Austin was at school.  I didn't know exactly what Gabe and I were going to go do, I just knew that I wanted to have some one on one time with my little guy.  He seemed excited and ready to go.  We went to the Dimond mall where they have ice skating, bowling, an arcade with kiddy stuff.  Right when we walked in he saw the ice skating rink and immediately started saying "ice skating, ice skating".  He has never gone before but he knows what it is from Sesame Street and maybe from Austin playing hockey.  We rented some skates and went out on the ice. He did pretty good, I skated behind him with my hands under is arms to help hold him up, then I would have him hold on to the wall, then I tried skating backwards but in front of him holding his hands.  He never even fell.  We only did that for about 20-25 min and then he said "skates off, boots on".  Thank goodness becasue I was exhausted after skating around holding him up. font-size: large;">
When we first arrived at the mall I saw "Color Me Mine", which is a place that you can go and pick out any sort of ceramics that they have there (figurines, plates, bowls, mugs, tiles, etc..) and paint it.  When you are finished they keep it and do all of the glazing and firing and then they call you to come pick it up a week later or so.  So, once we were done skating I asked Gabe if he wanted to paint and he got all excited.  He picked out a coffee mug (a cup, if you ask him), the lady asked him what colors and he chose red, blue, & green.  Before you start painting they give you a mug full of water to dip a sponge into and then you wipe down the item that you are going to paint to get all the dust off.  I think this may have been Gabe's favorite part, he kept saying "squeeze".  He wanted to dip the sponge and squeeze the water out.  So the lady gave him little sponges to paint with, he really liked that.

No comments:

Post a Comment