My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Movin' on out...

I am so excited!  The movers will be coming 3 months from today to pack up all of our stuff to ship it off to Salt Lake City, Utah.  I can't believe the time is finally here.  It was about 3 years ago that I sprung this big move on Vinnie.  I was pregnant with Sebastian, emotional, and feeling like I wished we had more family near us.  Vinnie came home from work one day and sat down next to me on the couch.  After sitting there for a few min trying to get up enough nerve to tell him what I was thinking, I finally spit it out;  "Honey, I don't want to live here anymore."  He looked at me and said, "In this house?"  I said "No, in this state."  His jaw dropped in a bit of a panic.  I explained to him about how far away our family was and that our kids were going to grow up not knowing their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and so on.  I told him that I wanted to move to Utah.  After discussing it for a little bit and exploring all options, he was  on board.  We decided that we need to come up with a plan of action and set some dates and goals to make the big move.  Our original plan was to move the summer of 2009.  Well financially this just didn't work, so we pushed it back 1 more year and realized that we needed to get serious about this so we wouldn't have to push it back again.  We have been planning and saving and the time has finally come.  I can't believe that we are actually moving in 3 months.  These past 3 years we have been talking about this move and it seemed as though it was never going to get here and now it is just days away, really.  This is a busy household so our days seem to go pretty quick. 
The plan is to fly the little kiddos to New Mexico to stay with Vinnie's parents while we get everything done.  Austin will fly to Utah.  Vinnie and I are going to be driving the Alcan Highway  :) and heading on down to Utah.  There we will wait for our stuff to arrive at our house (from moving company shipping it).  The moving company said that it will take a minimum of about 10 days for our stuff to get there.  Once that is there, Vinnie, Austin, & I will drive down to New Mexico to get our other little ones.  We will stay there for a week or two and then drive back to Utah and get settled in.  While settling in to the house, we will also be getting the tattoo shop up and going.  We are leaving Rebirth Tattoo by Vinnie open here in Alaska.  There are 3 others artists working in there.  Vinnie will be doing some traveling back and fourth between Utah and Alaska to continue working on his clients that need their pieces finished, or even new projects that may want to get started.
Remodeling of the basement in our house in Utah will begin March 8th.  We are having it finished and that will be Austin's area.  He is pretty excited, he is already talking about what color of paint he wants and how he wants his room arranged.   
It is all coming together and I am praying that things go smoothly!  They have to, I have 3 months to make sure it does.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you all! That is one of the reasons I wanted this change of state for a couple of years, FAMILY. I want the boys to see their other grandparents too. I am glad that you guys came up with a plan and stuck to it. You are on your way HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means you have officially moved your moving date up from June to May.... woo hoo!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete