My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Abby is 18 months old....ALREADY!

It amazes me that she is already 18 months old!  This is crazy to me.  When we left Alaska she was only 6 months old, barely rolling over, not sitting, not walking, not talking.  This past year has gone by so incredibly fast!  Not only is Abby walking and has been for several months now but she is running, jumping on the trampoline, climbing up in her swing (on the swing set), talking, picking out her own shoes, and more.  Yes, I said picking out her own shoes.  It is so funny, every morning when I get her dressed I pick out her shoes to match her outfit and without fail nearly everyday she tells me "no" and then picks out a different pair.  It isn't the same pair that she picks each day, she likes all of them, she just seems to know which pair she wants for that particular day.  Once I get her dressed she then requests a bow to be put in her hair.  She loves accessories including her purse for the day.  It is so much fun to have my little girly girl!


We did have a little mishap last month, April 5th was the day...I was feeding Abby her dinner and noticed that her little front tooth is chipped.  Of course, it bothers me more than her.  I don't even know when it happened.  I was really upset about it and posted it on Facebook.  I soon felt better after reading every one's comments that explained this same thing had happened to their little ones and some of them were even able to take them to the dentist and have it filed down a bit.  I am leaving it as it for now and I will decide later if this is something I should do or not.

Her 18 month well baby check up went great!  The doctor said she is right in line developmentally with where she should be.

Weight:  25.8 lbs (about the 65%)
Height:  33 inches (about the 80%)
She is TALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment