My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa Claus

I took the kids to see Santa Claus at the South Towne mall.  This was the same Santa that I used to take Austin to when he was just a tiny little guy, I believe when he was 2 & 3 years old and then we moved to Alaska.  This is my favorite Santa, I love the fact that he doesn't have to wear the traditional Santa suit.  Of course he has on his Santa pants and boots, but he wears a cute Christmas shirt with his suspenders.  If you ask him why he doesn't wear the big red coat and the Santa hat, his answer is simple;  don't you take off your coat and hat when you are inside?
The kids did great!  We went on a Sunday morning thinking that the line would be shorter.  That was NOT the case!  We stood in line for 2 hours waiting and the kids did so unbelievably well that the time went fast and it didn't even seem like 2 hours.  Gabe was so excited to see Santa in fact he snuck around the wall where Santa was just on the other side and yelled "SANTA", Austin had to hurry and get him.  Finally when it was our turn to go the boys sat right next to Santa without any hesitation, now Abby on the other hand was not to pleased with this.  I told Santa that it would be best if Austin held her.  They only take 3 pictures and then you get to choose the best one, well the 1st one Abby was screaming, the 2nd one she brought it down to a cry, and the 3rd one she still wasn't too happy but atleast whe wasn't screaming or crying....too bad we couldn't have had one more picture taken because maybe she would have brought it down even one more level and possibly cracked a smile...oh well!  I was pleased with the picture that we got...
Austin is such an amazing big brother and he is so much help! 
Thank you Austin!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you were going to put this up.... I think I would have sprung for the screaming picture..... It would be cute too! "You'd better not Pout!!!!!" It turned out so cute. We like the Santa at South Towne too!

    ReplyDelete