My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Our Big Move


Okay, so I should have started blogging all of this stuff a while ago but here is a quick summary:

    *I called the moving company in March and set up the moving dates and then we had the final walk thru in the beginning of May.
  • We shipped Vinnie’s truck May 21st  (it takes about 3 weeks to get to Utah)
We flew the 3 little kiddos to New Mexico on Sunday May 23, Austin stayed in Alaska with one of his best friends.  The kids did great on the flight, they all 3 slept the whole way.  They settled in just great at Grandma & Grandpa’s house.  THe next day it seemed like Gabe could sense something was going on, he just kept walking around the house saying “Where’s the Nonny?” (Mommy)  Poor little guy.  Abby and Sebastian were doing just fine.  On Tuesday afternoon, around 2:30 it was time for Vinnie and me to head back to Alaska leaving the little ones behind.  That was tough!  I am with my babies everyday, all day!  We had a quiet flight back to Anchorage, it seemed really weird and empty handed with just the 2 of us.  We arrived in Alaska shortly after midnight.  We had to get straight home and finishing cleaning and preparing for the movers to come the next morning.  We ended up staying up all night long, met the movers around 8:00 am.  They packed up the entire garage and we kept working on stuff in the house.  Once they left around 3:30, we ran a couple of quick errands and then fell fast asleep.  The next couple of days were like a whirlwind of commotion.  The movers finished loading all of our household goods in the trailer around 4:00 on Friday.  Now with the house empty it was time to scrub walls, sinks, toilets, etc.  We spent the weekend doing this and met the landlord on Monday at 4:00 and turned in our house keys.  We checked into a hotel, had some dinner, and sat down and relaxed for the 1st time all weekend.

Well that brings it up to our road trip which I did write about along the way so I didn't forget anything.  It was nice to have my laptop, now I can just transfer it to blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment