My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Time to get HOME



June 8, 2010
We left Wendover around 2:30 and headed toward home, finally.  We had a busy night ahead of us because the carpet guy was coming over early in the morning to replace the carpet upstairs, which meant that we needed to empty the rooms.  Of course since we were getting new carpet it only made sense to paint the upstairs kids rooms before the new carpet was laid.  We decided that we wanted to paint the boys’ room to look exactly like Gabe’s room did in Alaska to help the transition go as smoothly as possible.  It turned out great, we were so happy with it!  Of course, Abby’s room needed to be painted pretty in pink.  How fun was that to paint a pink nursery.  I had so so so much fun!  She is going to LOVE it!  We were up until 3:00 am with this last minute project but it was worth it.  The carpet guy came in the morning (Wednesday) and replaced the carpet and then we had to move the stuff back into the rooms that we had emptied.  Another busy day again, now we are preparing for the movers to arrive the next morning (Thursday).








June 10, 2010
The movers showed up around 8:30 in the morning.  This was so exciting to see that all of our stuff had arrived from Alaska.  The movers started slowly moving stuff into the house as we sat at the table and watched.  Vinnie and I were both playing games on our iPhones.  The boxes began to pile up and Vinnie looked at me and said “I guess we could start unpacking some of these kitchen boxes”.  That sounded like a good idea to me.  Man, I am so happy that we started because WOW we have so much stuff!  We quickly decided that we needed to move as quickly as possible because there were so many boxes and so much packing paper.  Whatever boxes we emptied and put out in the yard along with the packing paper, the movers would take it away with them when they were all done.  We thought this was an excellent idea because then we wouldn’t have to worry about breaking it all down and loading it all up and taking it to a recycle center ourselves.  So, we hussled and hussled to get boxes unpacked.  My mom came over right after work to help us get going.  Mission accomplished, we were able to unpack so many boxes, our front yard was full of boxes and paper.  





Everything went so smoothly except for one small heart attack on my part...

It was time to unload Vinnie’s motorcycle from the truck.  The plan was to uncrate the motorcycle in the truck and then ride it down the ramp.  The ramp was to steep to do this so they backed up another moving truck to the back of this one, which was lower.  They put the ramp going from the big truck to the lower truck and then a ramp to the ground from that one.  This was so exciting to me to see Vinnie’s motorcycle to come off the truck because that was the very last thing.  So, there I am standing on the front porch with my mom, camera in my hand, eye in view finder, ready for some pictures.  I see the movers carrying this HUGE box that said “Harley Davidson” on the side of it.  They were  moving so slow and so carefully and started to cross the first ramp.  All of the sudden a HUGE gust of wind came along and all I could see thru the small view finder was this Harley box tipping over and falling to the ground.  I let out a very loud shriek and I think my heart stopped.  I quickly realized that the box was empty and they didn’t just drop a custom chopper to the ground.  My heart hurt so bad from jumping out of my chest, I had to sit down and pull myself together but not before I began crying.  Once I had collected myself, it was pretty funny and the movers were all laughing at me.  What was I thinking?  Did I really actually think that 2 guys were carrying a 700 pound motorcycle in their hands?  DUH!!!!




(The box blew toward the street and that was it for pictures, I ended missing them getting the actual motorcycle off the truck due to my heart pounding out of my chest)
Once that was done, the movers loaded up the truck with all of the boxes and paper and they were on their way.  We continued unpacking with help from my Mom, Marie, and my cousin Jill.  Marie and my Mom got Abby’s cute little room all put together and Jill put together the boys’ beds and helped with their room.  Austin got home about 8:00, he and my Mom got his area all put together and it looks great!  Austin is very excited!  We stayed busy with unpacking thru the next day, trying   get as much done as we could before we headed to New Mexico Saturday morning.


June 12, 2010
The plan was to be on the road by 7:00 am.  Well, of course we didn’t make it.  We weren’t too far behind though, we left at 7:45 and drove all day long, arriving in New Mexico at 11:00p.  We stopped a few times along the way for gas, food, and snacks, and one other stop in Albuqurque to get a charger for my laptop because I forgot mine in Utah.  How can I blog without my laptop?  The boys were already in bed by the time we got there and we just missed Abby by about 15 minutes.  I must say it was hard not to go and see the kids but I know they never would have gone back to bed.  Luckily Abby woke up a couple hours later and needed a bottle and wanted to be rocked back to sleep.  That was awesome to be able to hold her again!  She seemed so big, I couldn’t believe that she had really grown that much in 2 1/2 weeks, but wow!  The next morning we heard Gabe in the hallway so we quietly left the room to go find him.  He lit up so much and had the biggest smile ever!  He just kept looking at us in disbelief saying “Nonny, Daddy”.  He took my hand and led me to the computer, turned it on, opened Microsoft word, changed the text size, color, and font and typed “Mommy”.  It was priceless to see how happy this cute little boy was.  We decided to go wake Sebastian up, when he saw us he was all smiles and all hugs!  So so so cute!  Gabe went to bed every night with a small photo album that I had put together for him that had pictures of Vinnie and Me.  So precious!  What a great feeling to be back with our little kiddos!  The plan is to stay in New Mexico for a week or so while Vinnie tattoos and we hang out.  



Awww, there are the little ones....  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment