My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Potty Training!!

I am so excited to report that both Abby & Sebastian are potty trained!  Yahoo, no more diapers!  I have forever blamed Sebastian's speech delay for him not being potty trained.  I just simply didn't think that he would understand.  On Saturday February 18th I decided that I would go ahead and begin trying to see if Abby was ready.  It was clear to me that she was ready after showing excitement for her potty.  I put a cute little pair of Dora underwear, which she loved!  Sebastian started showing a little interest in what was going on so I thought "what the heck, I'll try both of them and see how it goes."  Sebastian walked right over to the toilet and pee'd in it no problem.  I did the biggest song and dance ever to show him how proud I was.  Abby went pee in her little potty and was super proud of herself.  It was absolutely amazing the entire day!  Sebastian ran to the toilet every time and didn't have any accidents.  Abby would begin to wet herself and then stop and call for me to run her upstairs to her potty.  I was nervous to try an all nighter without diapers so while getting them ready for bed I pulled out the diapers and actually had to beg and plead with Sebastian to let me put one on him.

Feb 19th, Day 2:  They both woke up with wet diapers but as soon as they got up I changed them and put them in underwear.  Again, no accidents all day long.  Sebastian doesn't even need any prompting or reminding, he just goes all on his own.  Abby still needs prompts but goes anytime it is suggested to her.

Feb 20th,  Day 3:  NO wet diapers today, however poor Austin had to help Abby out with a poopy mess while I was away at Zumba but he handled it rather well.  I did have to wrestle Abby down to let me put a diaper on her for bed, she wanted her big girl panties.  I decided that it was time to get her off the bottle now too because she couldn't very well go to bed with a bottle of milk and expect to stay dry during the night.  That was super easy, not too much of a fuss.

Feb 21st,  Day 4:  Sebastian woke up dry and went straight to the potty right when he woke up.  I decided to brave it and send him to school in underwear instead of a diaper.  He did great, not one accident.  Abby woke up wet and was upset about it.  She is doing great without the bottle, she napped just fine today without it.

Feb 22nd, Day 5:  I have packed up all the bottles and threw them in the trash,  no more bottles in this house, yahoo!  AND, she made it thru the night with a dry diaper.
They are now both potty trained and Abby is off the bottle!
No more diapers or bottles, yahoo!!!

Congrats to both of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment