My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Gabe is 6 years old!!!

As I sit to write these Birthday posts the first thing that I always find myself typing is something along the lines of "Where does the time go?, # of years already?, I can't believe my baby is already _!."  But it is so true, the time does go by so fast and I just really can't believe that Gabe is already 6 years old.  It has been an amazing 6 years.  This little guy that I have been blessed with has taught me so much and I look forward to learning more from him each day.  This last year has been a big year for Gabe.  He FINALLY got potty trained, he started kindergarten, we had his name legally changed from Vincent Gabriel to Gabriel Vincent, and a few other small things but those were our major monumental experiences.
Gabe began his day with going to school.  He wore a button/ribbon to school that said "Birthday Boy" on it.  Once he got to school they gave him a Birthday crown to wear.  We picked him up from school a little early because he had his well child check up appt.

To celebrate Gabe's Birthday we went to Jungle Jim's and had a small party for him.  Nana, Grandpa Jim, Grandma Marci, Daddy, Austin, Sebastian, Abby, & Me.  The kids had such a great time riding all of the rides.  This was the first time we have ever gone there and I love it.  It is small enough that it isn't too overwhelming yet it is big enough to hold a roller coaster, swings, bumper cars, a few other rides, a jungle jim to climb thru, and token video games.  The kids had a great time running from ride to ride.

Gabe is completely into Snoopy!  He loves the Peanuts gang!  Daddyo decorated the cake for him and he was so excited when he saw it.
Of course he didn't eat any of it but the adults sure enjoyed the cake.  The 3 little kids seem to think that they don't like cake and Austin didn't want any because it was Strawberry..his loss.

TIME FOR PRESENTS!!
For Christmas Gabe got a Charlie Brown, Lucy, and a Linus doll.  To add to his collection we gave him Peppermint Patty and Sally.  He also really likes Red Baron snoopy so we found a small Red Baron.  While at the Hallmark shop I ran across this gift bag that is Snoopy's dog house and of course had to grab that.  Good thing it feels pretty sturdy and is made of cardboard.
The kids were exhausted and ready to go home, yay!  That made it easy to leave.  Once we got home it was time to put the kids to bed.  Gabe gathered his Peanuts ® gang and put them in his bed and then said "Where are Marcy and Schroder?".  I guess we are going to have to try to track down some more dolls. 
Happy Birthday to our little Guy!  
We love you Gabe!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, this made me teary! I remember him in the stroller snacking on cheerio's with his cute curly hair. His big brother Austin was so obsessed with him. Wow, time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your little man! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete