My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Update on our family goals...

It has now been a little over 2 weeks since I did my post "Here's the deal".  The kids have sat at the table everyday since this post for both lunch and dinner.  I can't believe how easy it was to transition them.  No fuss what-so-ever!  I say "time for lunch/dinner, come sit down" and they come and sit down.  Sebastian likes to test us a little and see how far he can push the line.  On occasion he will try to get up and walk away just to see what we will do.  I do keep one of their books at the table and I will start to read it to them if they begin to get restless which has done wonders!  When they are finished they get up and take their plates to the sink and them come back to us for a "high 5".  I am so proud of them.  They have also been getting story time every night since I set the goal.  All 3 little ones get up on Gabe's top bunk while I read to them.  Sebastian LOVES book so much and gets upset when story time is over.

TV time has been cut back quite a bit.  It does help that the weather has been a little warmer and they can go outside and play, but along with that we have been turning the TV off and letting them have some play time in the quiet.  We definitely make sure it is off well before their meal times so they aren't too distracted when they are called to the table.

I think potty training is just right around the corner.  Gabe is doing great and consistently uses the potty when given the chance.  Sebastian seems interested in what Gabe is doing and is trying to copy him.

We are all doing an awesome job on our family goals and we will keep working on and toward the others that have been set.

No comments:

Post a Comment