My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Autism Awareness Day!

Light it up Blue!!
Today was World Autism Awareness Day.  The month of April is  the dedicated month for Autism Awareness.  What a fabulous way to kick off a great month with a Light it up Blue Balloon Launch!

My really good friend Kristy, had an "event" posted on her facebook wall, so I clicked on it and teared up as soon as I read that it was for Autism Awareness.  I immediately clicked "attending" and then sent the same invite to my friends and family.  The only downfall was that Vinnie couldn't make it, he was booked up at work. My Mom, the kids, and I all went together.  We met Kristy and her kiddos there.  We all wore blue and brought blue balloons.



Right before the launch Grandpa Jim, Chandler, and Noah showed up and were able to let some balloons go with us...

the count down began 5..4..3..2..1


It brought tears to my eyes watching to balloons float  blow up into the sky. It was a windy day and the balloons were quickly gone. We took blue metallic star shaped balloons which turned out to be amazing because you could spot them from a distance and know that those were ours. Gabe did awesome and was so excited to watch the balloons go, he yelled "bye bye balloons".

After the balloon launch we stayed at the park and had some blue treats and let the kiddos play on the playground.  We stayed for hours.  Grandpa enjoyed hanging out with his grandkids/great-grandkids and watching them play.  It was such a fabulous day!




 
Grandpa, Austin, Noah, & Chandler..


Grandpa & Gabe!




Cute little Abby was just taking it all in..





1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL way to say thank you to God for blessing you with these two little boys. You inspire me Steph. The photos were beautiful and brought a tear to my eye. God knew what he was doing when he sent those boys down on a rainbow to you and Vinnie.

    ReplyDelete