My photo
I am a mother of four, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Our 2 younger boys struggle with a speech delay that we are working on. With that being said, things can get a bit chaotic around here and frustration levels rise. Living and learning with these boys and the speech delays has taught me patience and a whole new understanding that people see things in so many different ways. I am a stronger person because of this and feel blessed to have these little angels. I am married to a fabulous man and am living a happy life!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Yellowstone National Park Day 3

Actually this is the last day of our trip, however we did not go back into Yellowstone this day.  We decided to get up and head toward Ashton, ID and go up to Cave Falls.  Before leaving our cabin, we got some fun photo's on the front porch.

 Now it's time to get on the road..
First, we stopped at my Great Grandpa's schoolhouse that he attended.  I always love to see this schoolhouse and can remember my Grandpa telling us stories.  You know, the stories that begin with "When I was a kid we had to walk miles through the snow and up hill...", he wasn't kidding!

We finally made it to Cave Falls nearly 45 min later, I had forgotten that a good  part of that drive was on gravel road, but certainly well worth it.  I was a kid the last time I was at Cave Falls.
LOVE this photo of Abby with her arms folded!
The Boys had so much fun throwing rocks into the river!
It has been so fun to share my childhood memories with my kids and my Hubby, it was also a lot of fun for me to take a walk down memory lane.  Austin will definitely be here with us next year!

Now time for our road trip home, 5 hours later and we were home!  The kids did great!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fun trip!!!!!!!! It brings back fun memories for me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete